Batela Trading (Pty) Ltd t/a Batela South Africa (“we/our/us”)
We are thrilled to have you on board as a stockist of Batela jackets (“the Goods”) on consignment.
As Consignee, you understand that we grant you the right to display and sell the Goods in accordance with our terms. By accepting delivery of consignment stock, you agree to be bound by the terms set out below, including any subsequent changes hereto. Any changes to these terms will be published on our website.
- You will be guided by the recommended retail price stipulated by us and will not sell the Goods below the recommended retail price. You will be entitled to the difference between the retail price and the wholesale price (including VAT) of any Goods sold by you.
- You shall account to us on a weekly basis in an Excel spreadsheet as to what Goods have been sold and what stock is remaining.
- We will thereafter invoice you for any and all Goods sold. Payment is due on receipt of each invoice.
- We reserve the right to call for the return of any or all Goods on 5 days’ notice. Goods shall be returned to our Johannesburg office by hand or courier, the cost of which shall be for your account. Jackets must be folded, protected and neatly packed.
- You agree to keep the Goods free of dust, pen marks, dirt, and stains. Furthermore, you undertake not to deface, compromise, or remove the Batela swing tags affixed to the Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not place any stickers on the swing tags or write on the tags.
- You agree to compensate us in a sum equivalent to the wholesale price (incl VAT) of any and all Goods that are found to have been worn, damaged in any way, including in any manner specified in 5 above, or lost (regardless of how that damage or loss was brought about); or have a compromised, defaced or missing Batela swing tag.
- You warrant that you shall maintain insurance coverage sufficient to compensate us for the wholesale price (incl VAT) of the Goods in the event of damage or loss due to fire, theft, or otherwise.
- Our research has shown that South Africans are generally averse to purchasing raincoats. For this reason, we ask that you do not market our Batela jackets as raincoats, rain gear or wet weather gear. Instead, please market our jackets as stylish leisure garments imported from Spain, that are soft, lightweight, and waterproof, with beautiful linings and expert detailing